When you see a platform that has room for disruption, we took the challenge on as a team to create a better platform. Having used systems such as Gumtree, Craigslist and eBay we prepared a list of growing frustrations with the platform.
- There has been little innovation in the industry, you still need to check the site regularly as a consumer even with the push notification technology matured.
- Free listings are great but they also promote spam ads.
- Classifieds today such as Trading Post, Gumtree, Craigslist eBay have not been designed for mobile, they are web platform transformed to support mobile. This creates lots of unnecessary steps for users.
- Gumtree and Craigslist is one of the ugliest sites on the net.
- Users still need to search by category, but you can find everything on the net with google search.
- there is no one global solution, if you are a car collector you need to visit 20 various niche sites. Collectors are expected to know about Trade Me, Gumtree, Craigslist, eBay, Trading Post and all the other local specific classifieds markets. Why not just build a robust platform that is able to translate for local users.
We developed a mobile platform that solved those limitations brought about by desktops. We designed a robust platform in a way to allow users to list items without spending time sorting through categories. We also embedded system alerts and notifications, so all you need to do is set the keywords and budget. Our little bots wont have any problems finding you an iPhone in Sydney with a price range of $400 – $500. Give it a try..
Check out the website: http://www.cyclate.com
Android Application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eronka.cyclate
iOS Application: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/cyclate/id504733317?mt=8